This on-demand, five module course is centered on ideas and activities to engage you and your students in deeper lyric craft.
Through engaging videos, exercises, and a PDF workbook, you will leave the course with increased confidence in your abilities to both write lyrics and teach lyric writing. After this course, you will be able to:
- Use song form and lyrical spotlights to write captivating stories as a songwriter.
- Write lyrics with sensory detail.
- Exercise choice in point of view and perspective to create more poignant lyrics.
- Develop sectional identity through lyrical change and construction.
- Exercise the use of different rhymes to increase interest and anticipation.
This course includes the following:
- Access to a PDF workbook with exercise examples and playlists from all five modules
- On-demand videos and exercises for five modules on lyrical topics
- Form & Development
- Sensory Detail and Showing vs. Telling
- Point of View
- Sectional Identity